Talon Intake Pre-filter Tube
This is the intake tube only component of our Honda Talon intake pre-filter kit.
Our Talon Intake Pre-filter Kit is made of 3 components sold separately for available options and inventory control. Below are links to purchase the other components to build a full kit.
Available additional components:
The Talon has a horrible engine air intake location that inhales too much dust which shortens primary air filter life. In dusty conditions, you might get as few as 200 miles on an air filter before having to replace or clean a reusable aftermarket filter.
**The filter comparison shown in photos is after 200 miles on the same days in the same trail conditions. The cleaner filter actually had 400 total miles on it.
So, 10-80 Dirt Sports has taken on the challenge to design and build our own Talon Intake Pre-filter Kit. Our intake kit is designed to capture cleaner, cooler air than the OEM intake and pre-filter that air to extend the life of the OEM or any aftermarket primary air filter you choose to run inside the OEM air box.
For those interested in a Talon deep water snorkel kit, this tube is a great starter for you since it completes the most difficult fender penetration part of the project.
Dyno tests by PPEI show zero loss in horsepower with this system versus the stock intake with both tests using an OEM primary filter.
'19 – Current Talon 1000X/R, Fox & Fox Live Valve 2 and 4 seat models
Features and Benefits:
- 3" OD, welded one-piece, lightweight aluminum intake system
- Primary air filter servicing is reduced while filter life is substantially extended
- Fewer checks of the air filter equal fewer chances of getting the air filter seal and air box seal misaligned which could lead to dirt ingestion and engine damage
- Cover plate conceals the fender penetration for a clean look and securely braces the intake tube (a template is provided for cutting the fender hole)
- Compact system is not an eye sore
- Inner fender still fits in place after installation
- Does not interfere with a rear window
- Installation is simple and requires minimal tools
- Tube installs into the OEM air box inlet with OEM hose clamp. No new air box hole is required.
- Cover plate attaches to the fender with OEM fender screws. No additional hardware is required.
Intake Tube Powder Coat Finish options:
- Matte Black
- Glossy White
- Honda Talon Blue
- Honda Talon Red
- Metallic Gray
- Honda Talon Orange
- Matte Navy Blue (2023)
- Tonic Yellow (2022; matches the plastic fender grate, not exact match for dash plastic)
This is a hot seller! If any of the tube colors are showing out of stock I'm already on it. More are either in fab or at powder coat. The usual restock time is less than 2 weeks.
The Desertcraft filter will not work with the Rocky Mountain Tusk brand rear hard glass. You will have to add parts to either raise the filter higher or make a turnout. This is the only window currently known to create interference of about 1/2". A smaller diameter filter is another option.
Hondasxs forum discussion on this intake pre-filter setup here.